Monday, July 2, 2012

A Half Hour Storm Leaves Many Hours of Destruction

  Yesterday a quick but destructive storm hit the Chicagoland.  Most of the destruction seemed to be in the Western suburbs but Chicago itself did get some wind and a little rain.  Below is a photo I snapped of the sky before I closed and locked our patio door so that I wouldn't blow away.  Luckily our property had very little damage but other damage in our neighborhood included siding coming off a house and a large fallen tree blocking a neighbor's entire driveway.  There were many other trees that were knocked down and branches were all over the roads.  We also lost electricity for a few hours which made me panic because of the heat and all the frozen food in our freezer which was no longer being kept cold.  No frozen food was lost and so far I haven't heard of any serious injuries from the storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment